UBU Home Furnishings is looking to expand their design team.
We are an independently owned business located in Grandville, MI that specializes in helping clients find creative and interesting home furnishings and accessories, so that their living space can reflect their individual personalities. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, competitive, flexible, creative, and outgoing. For further information and job requirements please see below.
Interior Designer / Sales Consultant
UBU Home Furnishings is seeking an Interior Designer to join our team. We are seeking an experienced professional who possesses a background in interior design and home furnishings. UBU offers customers the opportunity to work with an Interior Design professional to deliver a unique customized design experience, specifically tailored to the customers’ needs.
- Experience in Interior Design with one (1) to two (2) years’ experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate a passion for design, whether it be through education, experience, or something else
- Greet customers and provide a professional and welcoming sales experience
- Assisting new and existing customers with furniture, upholstery and drapery selections
- Excellent communication skills with other employees and customers
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Increase knowledge of products, and promotions through ongoing training, mentoring and professional development.
- Should have an engaging personal presence – someone who can quickly connect, build rapport, and convey credibility with potential clients.
- An active listener; able to interpret and address client needs, while simultaneously asking qualifying questions
- Boundless energy to move throughout the showroom, highlighting products and options to clients, while providing expertise and solutions at a pace that satisfies the needs of your clients.
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills, including a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to gently persuade clients toward your product recommendations.
- Passion for maximizing sales and delivering an outstanding client experience
- Motivated by coaching and a constant desire to continually learning and improving to be the “best” you can be.
- Ability and availability to perform weekly client in-home design consultations
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office
A Manager will arrange your schedule around the hours of operations:
Monday-Saturday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Sales Manager & Owner, Kris Wassink